Is your Ice-Cream cabinet prepared for winter?
With shorter daylight hours and colder temperatures, winter has well and truly arrived! But that doesn’t mean that ice-cream sales are a thing of the past...seasonally speaking of course.
Over 22% of ice-cream sales happen in winter months, and with 70% of these being impulse purchases, now is NOT the time to put the ice-cream cabinet away!
As nights draw in, demand for tub ice-creams and evening treats grows, so make sure your ice-cream cabinet is stocked right to ensure your customers’ needs are met. And don’t forget to keep a good range of impulse ice-creams – for example, Kids lollies, Choc Snacks and Filled Cones.
Getting the range right is also key. Partners for Growth has just updated its winter ice cream lists and planograms using the latest data on the best-sellers across the category. All the best-seller and planogram advice is supported by robust, independent national sales data. And with Partners for Growth’s newly available affluence based planograms, stocking the range of products which suits your customer demographic has never been easier.
We recommend you organize your cabinet into 4 segments – Filled Cones, Choc Snacks, Kids and Desserts (Family, Luxury, Premium). We suggest you stock the top selling brands in each range and avoid duplicating flavours and formats. Best-selling lines should be easy to find and clearly priced, though new products can stimulate sales.
Let people know you sell ice-cream
- Highlight your ice-cream cabinet using POS inside and outside the store
Make your cabinet easy to find
- Put the ice-cream cabinet among other impulse products like crisps, confectionary and soft drinks
Keep your cabinet clean and full
- Make sure the cabinet is always clear and defrost it regularly. This will not only attract more sales but also lengthen the life of the appliance and keep running costs low
Sell ice-cream all year round
- Ice-cream sells throughout the year as an individual treat or as a dessert, so keep your cabinet presentable and well stocked all the time
Stock the best-sellers
- Follow Partners for Growth best-sellers list to maximize sales